The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship program at TCNJ supports development of competencies in five critical areas for teaching secondary or middle school STEM courses:
- Integrative-STEM (i-STEM) content and pedagogy,
- Learning and development, broadly, and in an urban context, specifically,
- Understanding and conducting classroom-based and/or discipline-relevant research,
- Navigating the challenges of teaching in a high-needs urban setting and
- Discipline-specific content and pedagogy.
The program follows a ten course sequence (33 semester hour) for secondary licensure in STEM fields of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Technology/Engineering Education. Please see the Program Planner for a listing of these courses.
Currently Fellow’s are placed in the following school districts for their field experiences:
Check back soon for future Webinars